Chiropractic Care for Back Pain in San Rafael CA
Back pain turns working, sleeping and engaging in recreational activities into a painful experience. Patients who regularly have back pain in San Rafael CA often find that their condition decreases their quality of life. As a back pain chiropractor in San Rafael CA, we help patients heal from injuries and reduce their pain. Whether you’re suffering from a chronic condition or a recent back injury, we can help.
Different Types Of Back Pain in San Rafael CA
Typically patients experience back pain in a specific region of the back. The location of the pain is usually connected to the cause of the pain. The three different parts of the back where patients experience pain includes:
- Upper back - Upper back pain often occurs as a result of ergonomic injury and muscle strain. Some patients experience upper back pain because of stress. Upper back pain can be treated with chiropractic back adjustment techniques, lifestyle advice and stretches and exercises.
- Middle back - Middle back pain often occurs because of muscle strain, poor posture, and injury. Many patients who experience middle back pain need several sessions of spinal adjustment in order to heal.
- Lower back - Lower back pain is a common problem that people often experience because of poor lifting and twisting techniques. Lower back pain can become chronic if patients do not develop smart ways of lifting and moving heavy objects.
Causes Of Back Pain in San Rafael
There are many reasons that people develop back pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Poor posture - Poor posture puts a strain on the joints and muscles in the back. Fortunately, this problem can be corrected through chiropractic back adjustment techniques, posture correction, and exercises.
- Active lifestyle - An active lifestyle can lead to muscle strain, causing back and neck pain.
- Poor ergonomics/occupational injury - Poor ergonomics puts a strain on the muscles and ligaments in the back, leading to pain.
- Muscle strain - Muscle strain is a common problem among athletes and active people, who can experience this problem on a regular basis.
- Bulging disc - A bulging disc occurs when a disc between the vertebrae protrudes from the spine.
Treating Back Pain With Chiropractic Care
As your chiropractor in San Rafael CA, we use chiropractic back adjustment techniques to treat your back pain. This involves the realignment of the vertebrae to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. In addition, we use the following natural, non-invasive methods:
- Stretches and exercises - We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can improve range of motion and strengthen the muscles.
- Cold laser therapy - Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive technique that helps stimulate the soft tissues to promote healing and relieve pain.
- Whole body vibration therapy - This technique improves circulation and reduces joint pain.
Contact Your Chiropractor for Back Pain in San Rafael CA
As your chiropractor in San Rafael CA, we use a range of safe, gentle techniques to treat back pain. To find out more about how chiropractic care can be used to treat your back pain, contact us today to make an appointment at 415-459-1218.