Sports Injuries, Sports Rehab, and Sports Injury Treatment in San Rafael
Chiropractic care has become increasingly popular for those who participate in sports, whether as weekend warriors or professional athletes. The reasons are fairly straightforward.
- A chiropractic sports injury doctor treats sports injuries without the use of drugs. Chiropractic care is all natural.
- Chiropractic treatment can help minimize future sports-related injuries. Chiropractic care and massage therapy keep muscles loose.
- A sports injury chiropractor can get you back in the game quicker, especially when compared to treatment from a regular medical doctor.
- Chiropractic care works for the amateur athlete and world-class athlete alike. No matter what level you are, chiropractic care can help you!
Let's take a look at some common sports injuries seen by our sports injury chiropractor at Nystrom Chiropractic Group, the benefits of chiropractic care for athletes, and why chiropractic care administered by our sports injury doctor helps get our patients back in the game.
Common Sports Injuries Treated by Our San Rafael Sports Chiropractor
Common sports injuries treated at Nystrom Chiropractic Group include:
- Neck injuries
- Sore, strained, and aching muscles
- Running injuries including hamstring issues and plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff and other shoulder related injuries
- Slipped discs and pinched nerves
- Tennis and golf elbows
While many view a chiropractor as a "back doctor", we are a sports injury doctor that can help prevent injuries before they occur and help speed your recovery when they happen.
How Our Sports Injury Doctor Addresses Sports Injuries
Dr. Sydne Pomin, our sports injury chiropractor at Nystrom Chiropractic Group, will first conduct a consultation with you about your athletic activity and lifestyle. After a physical exam, we will determine the extent and core cause of your injuries. Dr. Pomin will then prescribe a treatment program specifically to address your issues. At Nystrom Chiropractic Group, we offer a variety of natural modalities to address your specific needs. We believe that restoring proper alignment to the body's complex neuromuscular system allows for quicker, long-lasting results for athletes. Treatments can include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy
- Cold laser therapy
- Whole body vibration
These treatments, at times used in conjunction with each other, can accelerate your recovery. In addition, treatments can improve range, mobility, and speed, to help your performance.
How Sports Rehab and Sports Injury Treatment in San Rafael Can Prevent Injuries
Just as “warming up” and stretching helps the body in the prevention of sports injuries, so can keeping the body in balance and flexible through regular chiropractic care and massage therapy. Chiropractic care has become an increasingly important part of our area athlete's routines, not just for recovery from sports injuries but in their prevention. In addition, more active people are discovering just how chiropractic care can improve performance. If you would like to learn more about how chiropractic care can help you through sports injuries, prevent sports injuries, and even help your mobility, range, and performance, call us for an appointment. Be sure to ask about your free initial consultation and exam when you contact us at 415-459-1218. Nystrom Chiropractic Group is located at 712 D Street, Suite E in San Rafael, CA. When you experience a sports injury, contact Nystrom Chiropractic Group...superior sports injury treatment in San Rafael.